The purpose of our children’s ministry is to introduce children to Jesus Christ, to equip them to serve & follow the Lord, and to come alongside parents to equip them to be the primary spiritual influencers of their children. Our weekly schedule includes KidZone (Sundays at 9:30am) and AWANA (Sundays at 5:00pm)
For ages 2 through grade 6 Every Sunday from 5:00pm to 6:30pm. A fellowship meal
Cubbies, the Awana Club for preschoolers, is built on 2 premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training
Our preschool program meets these needs through:
FUN – and lots of it! Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards, and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand
Cubbies Curriculum Outline:
The Cubbies curriculum features two handbooks written in a fun, storybook style that appeals to preschoolers. The handbooks contain 24 Bear Hug sections along with six optional special-day sections. Each section combines basic Scripture memory with parent-child activities to help a child grasp a simple biblical truth. Two extra-credit handbooks containing additional memory verses and character-building activities are also available.
Sparks, the Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade, builds on the material taught in our preschool clubs. The curriculum takes kids a step deeper into God’s Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
Fun Learning = Results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and un-churched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Sparks Curriculum Outline:
Sparks curriculum is comprised of three handbooks. Each handbook communicates spiritual truths through memory verse drills, crafts, activities and review of key doctrine, Bible facts and verses. The first handbook begins a chronological journey through the Bible, starting with Genesis and ending with Joshua. Years 2 and 3 continue to cover the themes “Jesus in the present” and “Jesus in the future.”
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach 3rd through 6th grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
- With exciting features to get kids excited about God’s word, T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to accomplish this mission:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure & ultimate challenge is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of Scripture to their daily lives
- Interactive CDs that use exciting high-tech games to teach and reinforce key biblical truths
Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our 3rd through 6th grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T, he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
Join us on facebook!
KidZone is CBC’s Sunday School program for children grades 1-5. Each Sunday is packed with exciting worship children love, a Bible lesson that will build a foundation for the rest of their lives, and fun activities like games, crafts, and drama that will connect God’s truth to their lives.
End Of School Bash
Friday May 18
6pm – 8:30pm
Family Life Center
for children K – Grade 5
Food And Fun
Messy Games (if weather permits) and Inflatables
(bring towel and change of clothes)
Please call the church office by Tuesday May 15 to sign up.
Please contact the church office